Thursday, December 25, 2008

SOON!!


Count down to running again! I have my appointment with the Neurologist on Tuesday and I am really hoping he gives me the go ahead to start running again! I have been very good and following most anything he says. I have been working out some at Planet Fitness in Oshkosh here. I really like it there. They have so much equipment, and nice to be able to go pretty much whenever I want. I wish I could be a morning person and get up and go before work. Unfortunately I am not. I do great with an evening workout. I love to run at dusk in the summer, and just feel better going at the end of the day. I need to go and get a set of new insoles for me shoes. I have a metatarsal problem (my toes and the ball of my foot go numb when I run) and a very high arch, so need to where some extra support in that area. Lynco makes a great orthodic insole for that!! I use the number 405. I love it and it helps a great deal!

I will probably need a new pair of shoes come spring. I love to go to Fox Valley Running Company or Sheels in Appleton. They both have treadmills to run on to try the shoes and FVRC has a great incentive program and they are great at helping to fit you with the correct shoe. I have always worn Saucony's and still really love them, but this last time I got a pair of really nice Brook running shoes and they fit and feel great too. Saucony's feel like they have more overall foot support, but they feel a little heavier. That might just be the shoes that I have gotten. My last were the Pro Grid Triumph. Very comfy! The Brooks feel lighter on my feet, with maybe not as much support, but still enough. I really like both. I understand that every person has different feet. I have worn Nike's, and hated each one. And Asic's, also, liked those too. But I do love Nike running clothes. I have a few of their running skirts, my favorite ones, and the pants, shirts, socks, jackets... I love my winter hat with the ponytail hole in the back :)

So, anyway. Just wanted to get in another blog. Hope everyone is running safe! And warm!

"It's not about where you are, it's about what direction you're moving in."




No comments:

Post a Comment